Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

My Top 10 Eyeliners

Hey lovely ladies,

Just thought I would do a top 10 list of eyeliners that I have used and loved. I know how frustrating it is buying new eyeliners to then find out they smudge, crease, move and disappear. So here is a list of some of the best out there in my opinion from both High street brands to high end from gels to good old pencils. They are in no particular order just listed how they have appeared in my head!!

1. Boujoris Clubbing Liner
The spiel:
Its ultra resistant formula lasts for 8 hours. It won’t budge while you're dancing the night away!
The precise supple brush allows for easy application and a high definition result.
100% tear and sweat proof!

My thoughts: 
It really is a great 100% tear and sweat proof formula. It’s a little tough to remove, but I would recommend this for brides out there. No matter how much you cry it won’t come off! It’s a liquid liner and the brush is pretty thick and accurate. I have always found that this dries out in the bottle pretty quickly but it’s worth it for the price. Buy

2. Mac Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack

The spiel:
Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on 'foolproof' with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes.

My thoughts:
This is my go too eyeliner. It’s so easy and beautiful to apply and gives a solid black colour. If left to dry it has great staying power or if still wet you can smudge really well to give a Smokey effect. It can also be applied on top of false lash glue to blend in the tell tale fake lash line. The packaging looks high end with it being glass and although its small this gel liner will last you ages, in fact it will probably dry out before you can finish it. It doesn’t come with a brush but I always use a hard angled brush and this is certainly one of my favourties. It doesn’t surprise me that it has a cult following. Buy it here.

3. L’Oreal Paris Super Liner gel Intenza in Pure Black. 

The Spiel:
Create your signature look and dare to be Graphic with L’Oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Intenza. The luxurious gel texture glides on easily. Up to 24 hours of black. Comes with its own professionally inspired brush.

My Thoughts: 
This was the first gel liner I ever bought and I bought it as a dupe to Mac's Blacktrack above. It dries to a glossy finish (matte lovers will not like this!) and it comes with a great little brush. The brush is actually really good for a freebie and can do both thin and fat lines nicely. It isn’t the brush of my choice though as I prefer the hard angled brushes. It does take a little longer to dry than most liners and to me this liner doesn’t last as long as Mac's Blacktrack but for the price and the free brush it’s certainly not a product to sniff at.
Buy it here.

4. Mac Kohl Pencil in Smolder.

The Spiel:
 A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.

My thoughts:
I do have a love-hate relationship with this pencil, but for some reason it’s always my go to kohl pencil. It gives an instant one swipe full colour payoff and is lovely and soft, so perfect for sensitive eyes or for my clients who get nervous with me being so close to their eyes. Smolder remains smudge-able for awhile and eventually sets, but I do eventually see some additional smudging after wearing it for all day on my lower lash line, but I forgive it as it’s so beautiful! Buy it here

5. Mac Kohl pencil in Teddy

The Spiel:
A soft-on pencil liner that lines, defines and shades the eyes with rich colour and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. Ophthalmologist tested.

My thoughts:
I had to list this one separately to smolder above as they are both so different. Teddy is an absolute must buy. It looks so different and amazing on everyone. It’s a gorgeous bronze/ brown pencil with a slight golden pearl shimmer to it. I've found that no matter what your eye colour, it will make it pop. It’s also great to use for ladies who hate wearing eyeliner as it’s so beautiful and really not in your face colour. I’ve also used teddy as a smudged base for a brown Smokey look and it looks fab painted all over the eyelid with a gold pigment washed over it before it dries. Amazing pencil! Buy it here.

6. Barry M Gel Liner
The spiel:
For a rock ‘n’ roll finish try our NEW Waterproof Gel Eyeliner collection available in Black, Silver and Champagne!

My Thoughts:
I originally bought this on a whim, because Boots had a 3 for 2 on offer. This is a great little buy and is very cheap and cheerful. They liners make great eyeshadow bases as well. This dinky little pot has a brush hidden in the lid which is a nice twist and the brush is quite sturdy and well made. You must be a little careful with this liner as its best applied lightly and thinly and it isn’t a one for applying on top of false lashes. Applied thickly or over false lashes I’ve found it dries quite flakey. But as a base or applied thinly its fine and gives a smooth finish. Not the most amazing eyeliner, but convenient, small and great for the handbag for touch ups. Buy it here.

7. Avon Supershock Coloured Gel Eyeliner Pencils
The spiel:
Gel style eyeliner in an easy-to-use pencil for a bold intensive colour.

My thoughts:
These come in 6 colours - although they aren’t very adventurous. Steel is a great little find though and looks best when paired with blue eyes. It gives a rich intense liquid like colour but applied like a pencil. They are great value and last a long time. They are very smooth and silky to apply and don’t drag on the skin. 
Buy it here.

8. 17 Tattoo Me Semi Permanent Eyeliner

The spiel:
Eyeliner that lasts after the after party.
SEVENTEEN Semi Permanent Liquid Eyeliner, for up to 48 hours wear! Tattoo Me!

My thoughts:
When I read the spiel above I first thought "bold little statement for a rather cheap high street brand" but actually this is a wonderful little find and is quite true to its word. People who know me well know how much I love boots seventeen brand. They really pack a punch when it comes to giving the big boys a run for their money. the only issues I have with it is that you need to be really accurate with the application as it takes ages to dry and if you smudge or make any mistakes its going to be a nightmare to fix. This eyeliner has real staying power and even oily eye make up removers struggle to remove it, so be careful!!
Buy it here. 

9. YSL Effet Faux Cils Long Wear Cream Eyeliner in Bronze-Black

The spiel:
Effet Faux Cils Long-Wear Cream Eyeliner creates a spectacularly intense line without creasing or flaking. Its soft, silky formula formulated with quick-drying oils creates a lightweight base for smooth application without skipping. Beautiful and mess-proof, it stays put for smudge-proof, all-day wear.

My thoughts:
I bought this as it was recommended to me by another professional. The bronze/black gives a similar effect as to Mac’s teddy in that it’s beautiful on any eyes and really gives a rich effect that makes eye colour pop, but its more of a golden colour to Teddy’s Bronze. It’s rather expensive but easily worth it. The packaging is expensive and it looks great on a dressing table. It’s longwearing and very easy to apply. It dries quickly and goes well over the top of false lashes. It also lasts really well in the waterline.  
Buy it here.


10. Nars Larger-Than-Life Longwear Eyeliner
The spiel:
Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner takes liner to the next level. Rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely Smudgeproof finish. Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking. Deeply dramatic shades named for the most iconic streets in the world.

My thoughts:
I adore these eyeliners so much. They come in 14 amazing colours and give a full rich colour in one sweep. The liners are soft and blendable and dry pretty fast to give a smudgeproof finish.  They twist up and but also there is a built in sharpener in the end which is great on shoots. Barrow Street is my favourite. It’s a pastel green colour and looks amazing on brown or blue eyes. they really last on your eyes and I’ve found that even after the 12 hours it says it wears for there is very little smudging.
Buy it here.


So that was your list!! phew!!! Do you have any thoughts? Or is there an eyeliner that is your absolute must that I didn’t mention? let me know below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment