Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

DIY Lipglosses - two different ways



Hello Lovely Brides!

Sometimes I have a gorgeous pink eyeshadow or blusher colour that just doesn’t look so great on the eyes or cheeks. Instead of throwing them out try using them on the lips instead!

Here are two ways you can turn those eyeshadows and blushers into great lipglossees


DIY Coloured Lipgloss

I do this one a lot!! Simply because I know what colour I want and I can never seem to find it in the shop. So instead of buying lots of lipglosses I will never really wear I buy a plain clear lip gloss and add the colour myself.




1. Remove the stopper inside of the clear lipgloss tube.


2. Select an eyeshadow and scrape the top to create a powder.

3. Take a piece of paper and fold in half to create a strong fold crease and tip the powder into the crease.

4. Place the crease end of the paper against the top of the clear lip gloss and tip the powder into the gloss.

5. Replace the stopper and using the lipgloss brush mix the powder into the gloss thoroughly.

6. Apply to the lips. 

If the colour isn’t strong enough add more powder as per steps 2-5.


DIY Lip Gloss

This step takes a bit more time, but it’s worth it as you don’t have to keep buying clear lip glosses!!


Firstly make sure you have some little containers about. Pillboxes are great, but you can also buy little pots from Ebay and cosmetic wholesalers such as Sally’s. 





1. Put some petroleum jelly into a bowl and heat gently in a microwave until it’s a soft liquid. 


2. Scrape your eyeshadow or blusher to a powder and add to the petroleum jelly and mix together. I use the end of a make up brush for the mixing.

3. As I can’t stand the taste of petroleum jelly I add a few drops of vanilla extract, but you can also add honey, mint, cinnamon or for a lip plumping a pinch of cayenne pepper and mix that in to the jelly (this will give you that bee sting effect and your lips will be a little plumper).


4. Transfer the jelly into your pill box or container, pop the lip on and place into the fridge to cool.


I hope these give you a little inspiration to try something new!! you never know you might just find that amazing holy grails of lip gloss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment