Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils



Since attending a Nars Masterclass I have been a little obsessed with their Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils. I have done a separate review for my favourite colour Mexican Rose which is a hot pink and you can check out here.

With that being said this is the first gloss lip pencils that I have reviewed or even used and let me tell you, the texture of the Nars Velvet Gloss is as exactly as described.  They keep lips hydrated and when you press your lips they feel plumper and they have amazing staying power. They contain vitamin E and hyaluronic spheres that help to hydrate lips and make them appear fuller. I have just started to use these on brides as they have great staying power and can look very natural and gorgeous. The one that I seem to use the most on brides is New Lover and reminds me of their orgasm blush with only a slight shimmer.

Nars states they are gorgeously glossy color in a jumbo lip pencil. Spectacular shine in an innovative, lightweight formula and enriched with Vitamin E plus a blend of moisture-rich hyaluronic spheres that make lips appear fuller.
  • Ultra smooth, buttery feel on the lips
  • Contains vitamin E, hyaluronic spheres and phytosterol esthers; ingredients known to moisturize, increase hydration and improve barrier function
  • Convenient, easy application
The only downside with them is that they are pencils and so you have to sharpen them and firstly when I sharpened I got alot of colour waste. The solution to this I found is that if you put them into the fridge or preezer for 30 mins. They will harden and will sharpen amazingly well and will give little colour waste. 
Here are some of the colors swatches and their names below.

Nars Velvet Gloss (L-R) Cytere, Frivolous, Hopi, Happy Days, Mexican Rose, New Lower

No comments:

Post a Comment