Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

MoroccanOil Hair Treatment Review

Hello ladies,

Today I thought I would write something about hair. I don’t normally cover a lot of hair products, but I thought I would add this review as its something I've recently tired and loved and I think it will benefit alot of brides to be. It’s the MoroccanOil hair treatment. It’s been the Winner of Best Hair Oil at the InStyle Best Beauty Buys 2013 and also Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards 2012 Winner: of Best Leave-in Treatment.



MoroccanOil for all hair types
  The company describes this oil as a styling, finishing and conditioning product for all hair types. Moroccanoil Oil Treatment is an ultra-light formula which is absorbed by the hair instantly, resulting in a natural, silky finish and brilliant shine without leaving a residue. Moroccanoil Oil Treatment has the ability to restore over-processed hair damaged by environmental factors and chemical procedures.

This Oil has a massive cult and celebrity following of the likes of Kim Kardashian, Charlize Theron, Rachel Bilson, Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, Natalie Portman, Lady Gaga and so on and so on! So there must be something to this oil!!

This beautiful oil smells amazing. I wouldn’t care of it didn’t help my hair because the smell alone is totally worth buying for. Not only do I love the smell, but also my husband cannot stop smelling my hair! Its smells so fresh and good just like you have stepped out of a very expensive salon.

The oil comes in various forms such as "light" for fine hair, but I am reviewing the original formula for all hair types which comes in two sizes 25ml for £12.85 and 100ml for £30.45 (www.feelunique.com).

Although expensive you really only need a small amount and you just need to focus the oil to the middle and ends of your hair. If you were to put the oil close to your roots and scalp your hair would get very greasy very quickly. The hair close to the roots is new and healthy and doesn’t need any help. The ends of your hair are very old and need the extra lift oils and treatments can give.

So after shampooing and conditioning my hair and once its not dripping wet and just wet-damp I apply a 5p sized dollop of the oil to the mid and ends of my hair, making sure its coated and distributed evenly. I leave for 5 mins and then comb through. I then blow dry my hair as normal.

I noticed immediately when blow drying that my hair was smoother and softer and didn’t tangle (I have very long hair). Once I had finished blow-drying my hair was light, baby soft and incredibly shiny. I decided to leave my hair down and quickly ran the strighteners over my hair. I noticed here that I didn’t need to use the strighteners as much as my hair seemed smoother and easier to style. My hair wasn’t "heavy" or "caked" as it sometimes feels whenever products are applied onto my hair.

Well the results blew me away. I normally finish with shine spray but I didn’t need to so I left this out. My hair was uber shiny and stayed straight and smooth all day. The amount of compliments I received was amazing and I was able to smell the gorgeous scent of my hair all day. You can also use this oil lightly once its been styled to smooth down flyaway hair or any frizz, but since I dont suffer from these I have just stuck to applying it to damp hair before styling.

I have also noticed that with regular use the oil is making my hair much healthier. It doesn’t get dry any more and it seems to be helping my hair cope with the daily onslaught of my hairdryer and brushing. I’ve really noticed my hair isn’t snapping as much.

If you are planning on wearing your hair down for your wedding day then this oil is an absolute must! Your hair will be in the best condition it’s ever been in and it will smell amazing all day.

Give it a try and find out and let me know what you think below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment