Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Lumie Clear Acne Light

Hi again beautiful brides!!

Well this week I am going to review the Lumie light for mild to moderate acne. I am nearing 30 and have always suffered throughout my twenties with moderate acne across my jaw line. These spots tend to be painful and big and take weeks to go down and when they do they leave red/ purple scarring.
before using Lumie acne light

The Lumie Clear Acne light is a little LED light unit incorporating Red and blue lights. Light therapy is an exciting new approach to treating acne. At the right frequencies, blue light eradicates the inflammation-causing Propionibacterium acnes, and red light heals the skin. Trials using this combination light therapy have shown over improved the appearance of skin by over 70%.




The Unit arrives with a stand that also acts as a protective holder for the machine, a lead which you need to use to power the device, a pair of goggles for use when you use the machine on your face and an instruction manual.

I have now been using the Lumie light for 7 weeks. This is the recommended time that you should use the Lumie light daily for before you can start to cut down on using it and I have got used to using it everyday. I just hold it whilst watching the TV, so I don’t even think about it really!

Ease of use

I have found that for the face the Lumie light is very easy to use. I love the fact that it switches off at the recommended time of 15 minutes for the face and its light and sits in the hand comfortably. I found the cord a little cumbersome and I had to sit near a plug socket. I would have liked it if the machine was battery powered and the cord used to charge it.

For larger areas such as my back I found a little awkward. You are supposed to use the stand and sit in front of the light for around 45 mins. This is a very long time!! I also wasn’t sure if it was hitting my back correctly and needed someone to tell me if it was. I also had to position myself so that I was sat directly in front of it. I ended up having the light on the coffee table and me sat on the floor. This would be ok if I didn’t have to do it every night for 2 weeks!

Results

Well for my face it has been amazing. I'm over the moon with the results and can admit happily it was worth the money and time. I felt happier that I wasn’t on antibiotics and that it has left my skin incredibly soft! The scarring has gone and even if I get the odd spot (which I do) it goes within a few days and never gets as big as they used to get.


after 7 weeks of Lumie acne light


For my back the results aren’t as good, but I suspect that is because the light isn’t against the skin. It has helped. My back isn’t as bad as it was and looks clearer. I do hope they bring out a bigger version as that would be ideal for the back and chest.

Overall

I would highly recommend. I wish I was brave enough to post before and after shots of my skin, but sorry guys!! If I knew about this when I was getting married I would have jumped on it right away. It has 100% helped me. If you do suffer from mild to moderate acne I would certainly recommend this super product.



It retails around £149 for the unit.


http://www.lumie.com/collections/light-therapy-skincare?pdg=66581297_2116653977_27755271377

No comments:

Post a Comment