Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

Nars Orgasm blush

I first heard about this blush last year and picked one up as I thought if the claims held up it would be a fantastic edition to my bridal make up set. At £21.50 it’s quite expensive for a blusher, but if it works then it will be so worth it!
Nars orgasm £21.50
  Nars says "the orgasm blush is made with transparent pigments for a soft and sheer look. Imparts a natural, healthy glow for any skin tone and may be worn alone or layered together for more depth and intensity". it was the "Winner of InStyle magazine's Best Blush for Fair and Light Skin award for shade Orgasm, 2012".
I used this on my self first for a few weeks to see how it looked lasted and how it fit with my existing products. The coral/ pink tone with the gold pigments looked so amazing in the case that I thought it would look really pretty on.


Really this wasn’t what I was expecting. It doesn’t look natural and the gold shimmer is very overpowering. It looked very false on me. My complexion is freckly and oily and I suffer from hormonal acne around my jaw line. The coral colour in this blush seemed to highlight any redness in my skin and the shimmer accentuated my oiliness towards the end of the day. Also the blush is quite oily for a powder and by the end of the day my cheeks felt a little sticky.

I would only recommend this blush to use as a highlighted after applying a softer more matte blush and I would only ever use this on someone who had a more flawless complexion. I would never use this on someone who was more oil prone or had some redness to their skin, but truthfully you could pick up a Bourjois Blush in a similar colour and I think it would be more superior. It just goes to show you that expensive doesn’t always mean a better product.  

This really isn’t a one fits all skin tone product and I think it would look gorgeous on more olive or Asian skin, but only if they do not suffer any imperfections.

the only plus I would give is that when applied to the lips and with a little clear lip gloss over the top it does give a really lovely shimmery colour and you wont need to fork out for the Nars Orgasm Lip gloss!

But overall sorry guys this one stays out of my bridal kit!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear,
    Asian skin is very exotic color.
    For blush you mentioned above plus a golden shimmer good to be used asian skin but.
    But thank you so much for you to try it, so we should know how the conditions we use.
    Thank you for the information provided. it's very useful
    Best regards,,


    www.osalon.co
    www.beautyandtheblog.co

    ReplyDelete