Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Clinique High Impact Mascara Review

 I have the pleasure of reviewing Clinique's High Impact Mascara for you, which I received free from a show. The High impact Mascara is described as “multi–benefit mascara that adds maximum volume with definition and length effortlessly. Specially developed brush and formula work together to dramatically thicken lashes while combing for separation”.



I have been using this for a week now and I must say that I am not impressed! Usually I love anything Clinique, but I wouldn’t recommend this Mascara. It gives an average result. There are much cheaper brands that offer better value and will give you better results.

The packaging is what you would expect for a mascara. Long and thin and made of plastic.  It’s black with a slight green tinge which is kind of pretty in a dark kind of way!

The brush is nice and thick, albeit the head is a little shorter than usual brushes, but it went through the lashes easily and didn’t clump them together.

The consistency of the mascara I didn’t like. It felt very dry and took a long time and many brushes through my lashes to actually build any volume with them. It just felt like the mascara didn’t want to stick to my lashes. This took far longer to apply than most mascaras.

The finished look was acceptable for a daytime look. It didn’t smudge and it didn’t irritate. There wasn’t any dramatic volume or dense colour though. I have black eyelashes anyway and so I’m not sure if it was adding any colour to them! It really wouldn’t be acceptable for a night time look, as any eyeshadow would drown out the mascara and it didn’t seem to lengthen my eye lashes either.

I guess if you like the really natural look or do not wear much make up then you would be fine with this mascara.

For £16 there are much superior mascaras out there for you to spend your money on such as L’Oreal Million lashes or Max Factor False Lash effect, which both retail under £10 and also much better mascaras within Clinique’s own range! For a freebee its fine and I am not disappointed, but I won’t be using it on my clients and I wouldn’t recommend for your big day either!

If you want to know more about it or to buy it (if my review didn’t put you off!) then you can from:

No comments:

Post a Comment