Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Mac Angel Lipstick & Mac Snob Lipstick



Today ladies I am going to be talking about pink lipstick! 
Angel on the left, Snob on the right
 If you look at my other blogs you will see that I love Mac Honeylove lipstick and tend to use this on 90% of my brides. But every now and then I will get a gorgeously pale bride or a beautiful bronzed bride and somehow Honeylove just doesn’t look right. 
Angel on left,        Honeylove in middle,             Snob on right
 

In these cases I pull out the pink lipsticks! Their names are Angel and Snob. Both are hardworking bridal staples and these lipsticks that I am reviewing are perfect with their respective skin tones. They give enough colour to make the lips appear fuller and smoother, but they also compliment amazingly well the rest of the bridal look without being to “in your face”.

Mac Angel Lipstick

Mac Angel £14.50

Angel works best with very pale or cool skin tones (blue tone) the colour is slightly sheer and is a soft pale pink shade with an ever so slight gold frost which gives a lovely sheen to the lips. Although I say it works best with cool or pale skintones, it does actually compliments most skin tones and I often swap my Mac Honeylove with Angel in bridal work. Its not too bright and it not too pale! It’s also Kim kardashain’s favourite Mac Lipstick!

The only problem I do find sometimes is that if your lips are dry the frost finish on this colour can highlight the dryness. The best problem around this though is to apply a nourishing balm beforehand like Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Lip Balm, although this can make the colour a little more sheer that would be preferable for bridal looks.

you can buy Mac Angel Lipstick from:
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick

Mac Snob Lipstick
Mac Snob £14

This colour is a lot brighter than Angel and works gorgeously with darker skin tones, especially African or Olive skintones. It has more of a lavender tone to it which works great on darker or warmer skin tones. It’s a satin finish which is not a solid matte but does give a great colour pay off. I don’t really use this for bridal work unless the client has darker pigmented lip colour. If normal lipsticks don’t give a lot of colour to their lips I usually find that this works a treat. I would avoid this colour as a nude neutral colour for paler skintones as it will look more bubblegum pink. 

you can buy Mac Snob from:
 http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment