Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Garnier BB Cream Miricle Skin Perfector Review


Well this week I thought I would skirt away from my usual foundations and try a BB Cream instead. Having heard all the rave reviews and adverts I thought it might help my tired and over beautified skin! 

The BB cream rave started in Asia and has worked its way over to us here in Britain. BB creams are a version of tinted moisturisers but with added benefits. BB Cream is short for Blemish Balm and is a hybrid product which combine the benefits of skincare and make-up in one. Initially developed by a German dermatologist in the 1950s, to soothe skin and provide coverage they are now an all-in-one product.

The product has the following benefits:
  • Evens tone and boosts glow
  • Blurs imperfections
  • Smoothes fine lines
  • 24hr hydration
  • SPF 15 UV protection
Looks

The bottle and packaging are cheap and cheerful. The box is easily identifiable as Garnier and the tube is nude coloured with a screw on lip and squeezey tube to squirt out the cream.

Application

BB Cream in Light


The product feels like a tinted moisturiser in that it’s not to thin and not too thick, more a creamy consistency. It applies and blends in well. I just used my fingers as I thought the heat might blend the cream in better than a brush. It smelt beautiful and didn’t irritate. It left my skin feeling incredibly soft and slightly glowing.

Coverage

The coverage was very very sheer. I didn’t think it covered my blemishes and dark under eye circles well at all. I also suffer from freckles and slightly uneven skin tone and I felt a little that it didn’t perform as well as the hype surrounding it suggested. I applied powder over the top, as I have oily skin and the overall effect was very light and natural. 

How did it hold up throughout the day?

I had hoped that with it being oil free that it would look fresher for longer. Sadly it didn’t hold up to well. After a couple of hours I felt it had almost disappeared. I needed to top up with powder, as I looked shiny and I could see my imperfections (blemishes, dark circles, and uneven skin tone). On a plus note though my skin still felt soft!

Overall

I guess if you use tinted moisturisers then this could be a great alternative. It’s cheaper than most products retailing around £7 and the Garnier name is one that most people trust. The coverage is very very sheer and although it does blur imperfections it doesn’t cover them too well, so if you have problem skin then I wouldn’t advise as you may feel self conscious. I would only recommend if you have good clear skin or if you don’t normally wear make up.

I have put my BB cream into my gym bag, so after I leave the gym at the weekend I can quickly apply to give my bare face a little perk. With it being packed with Vit C and very sheer it would give me a glow and not be too harsh and also be easy to wash off at night.

I wont be using this on my clients as its just not strong enough and it wouldn’t be camera friendly, but I guess on that summer day when you don’t want to wear heavy make up, it might just be a light bright alternative!

you can buy the Garnier BB Cream from  http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Miracle-Skin-Perfector-Daily-All-In-One-B-B-Blemish-Balm-Cream-Medium-50ml_1230524/



.

No comments:

Post a Comment