Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Seche Vite Top Coat


I first heard about this top coat for my own wedding when I was looking for the best chip proof products so that I didn’t have to worry about my wedding manicure.  I stumbled across this as it constantly kept being recommended in wedding magazines and beauty blogs so I thought I would give it a try. 

Firstly it was a bit of a nightmare to find a stockist. Lucky for me good old Amazon came to save the day. It was also a lot cheaper than the recommended retail price!


"Seche Vite™ Dry Fast Top Coat is widely acknowledged as the world’s finest top coat. Its patented formula penetrates through the nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate for a much more durable finish, guaranteed not to yellow and leaves nails silky, stronger and resistant to chipping and peeling."

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Seche Vite £6.85

After trying this out a couple of times I was impressed. The drying time is amazingly fast and the brush is a nice length and thickness to be able to do one full nail in one swoop without causing mistakes. It also gives off a powerful shine and a strong feeling nail. (No nail breakages and tears on the big day!) the topcoat also gives a nice smooth even finish so any blobs, brush marks or knocks made to the nail colour disappears when the top coat is applied.

Regarding the part about chipping and peeling. Well I felt I was a little conned here. Yes it did last longer than normal polish but only by a day or two and as the polish is thick and dries so quickly it does peel. Usually a chip will cause a large chuck of the polish to peel away which is a shame, but this can be forgiven when you realise its only a polish and not a gel polish.

 Overall a good little product for the price and it you applied your manicure the night before the big day then you can almost guarantee than there won’t be any chipping on the day. It gives a clean look with an unbeatable shine and dries amazingly fast. I would certainly recommend it for a one off unless you’re pregnant. The state of California in the US has confirmed that a few if the ingredients can cause birth defects. That’s a big problem and has certainly put me off wearing it all the time.

Just make sure you know all the facts before you invest! But if you want to purchase then you can from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seche-Vite-Professional-Coat-14ml/dp/B00150LT40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364310203&sr=8-1



No comments:

Post a Comment