Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Bridal Beauty Hair Tips/ Advice



Although not strictly bridal make up, I do get asked a few questions about bridal hair and I thought I would share with you a few tips that I have come across from working with Hairdressers.

Hair Up dos

I remember when I got married and the feeling of horror I felt when a hairdresser asked me to wash my hair the night before rather than on the day. She advised me that my hair would stay up better. I have a fringe and hair that gets greasy and lank very quickly (delightful I know!) and I wash it every day. The very thought of leaving my hair for a day (or night) without washing was terrifying. The last thing I want is my fringe to have bed head and for my hair to look greasy by the afternoon. I quickly changed hairdressers and the lady I went with in the end advised that I should wash my hair on the morning, but not to apply conditioner. This way I would get clean fresh hair, but the lack of conditioner means that the hair will hold just as well as if you had washed it the night before.

Hair down with curls

I have known a lot of hairdressers to only use hairspray when it comes to adding curls to long hair and this wont last very long I’m afraid. I, myself, have long straight hair and when I’m curling I add moose to the ends whilst it is wet and then blow dry and curl. The mousse will add texture and grip and even when brushed out, it will still give a better hold than hairspray alone. Once I have moussed and curled, I finish with hairspray. This should give an all day lasting hold.

Extensions

If you are having your hair down and want to wear clip in extensions I would advise you start to wear them religiously for roughly 3 weeks before the big day. This will allow you to get use to the feel of them in your hair and also manage the full wedding day with them in. if you are not used to them they can give headaches and can pull on hair, so the more you wear them before hand the less likely you are to notice wearing them on the big day!

Hair dye/ hair cuts

Don’t do anything drastic with your hair colour for your wedding day. I know you might feel that it’s your big day and you think by going blonde/ chestnut/ black/ shorter etc it will give your confidence a boost, but truthfully, you might hate it, it might ruin the condition of your hair and as you are not used to it, it might make you self conscious. I would suggest you stick with what you know for now and leave the experimenting till after the big day!

 Its your hairs big day too!

As you start to pamper yourself on the run up to your wedding. Don’t forget to pamper you hair. Buy some hair masks and use once a week. Or buy some leave in conditioners and apply once a week to give your hairs moisture a boost. If you hair is dry them Moroccan Oil Hydrating Mask is great. If you hair lacks shine and have split ends then VO5 Hot Oils are amazing. If your hair is greasy then Aussie Rules 3 Minute Miracle is a life saver. Trust me, after a month of doing this; your hair will be soft, strong, shiny, smooth and bouncy.you can buy all these products from www.boots.com

Finding the right Shampoo and Conditioner

Ever wonder why the shampoo and conditioner that your friend raves on about leaves your hair sticky and greasy? Or that cult hair mask dries your hair right out? Well not every shampoo and conditioner is right for your hair type. Sometimes your hair needs moisture, sometimes it’s a little greasy and sometimes it’s too over processed and the vitamins have been stripped out. Write down the problems you are currently having and tailor your shampoo and conditioner to fix these problems. If you hair problems change then change your shampoo and conditioner also.



Hope these help! But if you have any questions or would like to ask me anything then please leave a comment and I will get back to you. You can also visit my facebook page at www.facebook.com/herefordbridalbeauty too ask any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment