Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Tightlining - Eyeliner for people who dont like wearing eyeliner!


Hi Guys!!

Well today I thought I would do a little blog on one of the best make up techniques I have learned in a long time. It’s called tighlining.

On a day to day basis I do not wear a lot of make up myself. One reason is to keep my very grumpy skin for being grumpier and another reason is time. I really do not want to be spending hours in front of the mirror each day. I usually keep dramatic looks for my clients or nights out!

That doesn’t mean that I do not want to make the most of my day to day look or alter it slightly every now and then. I have big slighty round eyes and I never wear eyeliner on its own, as I feel it really does nothing for my eyes. I only ever wear it when I do big dramatic eyes and i know there are a lot of girlies out there who are also not big fans of eyeliner everyday. 

Sooo to frame my eyes without actually wearing eyeliner I tightline. Tightlining is where you push a eyeliner gel or matte eyeshadow into the lash roots, filling in all the gaps to give the illusion of thicker, fuller and longer lashes. Add your mascara over the top and boy does it look amazing! I wouldn’t recommend a pencil or liquid eyeliner as a pencil you would need a lot of pressure and a liquid, well its just too close to the actual eye for my liking, so stick with a gel or powder.

For this I normally use Macs blacktrack eyeliner gel and a flat angled brush. I have also used this technique on clients whose eyes water with eyeliner by using a back matte eyeshadow. I have an urban decay naked palette which has a lovely matte black.

If you don't know how to tightline, here’s how:
  1. Firstly use a brush that has been cleaned with baby shampoo and not alcohol brush cleaner. Baby shampoo is tear free and alcohol brush cleaner will only sting your eyes and make them water!
  2. Raise your lashes upward by gently lifting the eyelid skin in order to expose the inner skin area at the lash roots and waterline.
  3. Look for tiny gaps between the hairs, and starting at the outer corner (where you'll want the most pigment) lightly wiggle the color from the brush into those gaps as close to the roots as possible (not the waterline).
  4. If you want you can Tightline your lower lash line by wiggling color into the gaps from on top, between the roots very lightly. If you go to heavy and it looks obvious then lightly rub a cotton bud over it to take some of the colour out.
And that’s it. Simple!

If you still need some help visualising it then below is a great video on how it’s done. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment