Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Benefit Cosmetics The Porefessional Primer

Since being a Benebabe and working for Benefit many moons ago I have had a love/ hate relationship with their products. Some of their products I love and rave about and some of them I find too oily and harsh looking.

I bought their Porefessional primer as I love the way Dr Feelgood applies to older skin and I thought the Porefessional might give good results on younger skins.

Benefit The Porefessional Primer £24.50
 The tube is Benefit through and through and is young, funky and very pretty. It’s a plastic squeezy tube with a cap end. The squeezy tube distributes a thin amount, which is great as you can get the right amount of product without any wastage. 

The Application Leaflet in the box
Benefit states that this primer will help to diminish pores and will leave the skin feel silky smooth. It comes with cute little instructions on the back and also on a leaflet with pictures inside the box.

I can advise that the product does exactly what it says. I apply on the T zone and a little onto the cheeks and it gives a matte smooth appearance. The product feels very silky and not at all sticky. You can apply foundation right away as it doesn’t need any drying time and it blends well with foundation to give a very smooth finish and fine lines and pores will disappear. I find it is very similar to Mac Prep + Prime Line Filler. I also use it around the eye area with a Concealer (Mac select cover) to diminish those pesky fine lines. In the tube it looks like it has colour, but it applies very neutral.

Applies neutral to the skin
It is silicone based and so you shouldn’t really use this with water based foundations as they will look terrible together and will separate, but used with a good silicone foundation should as Make Up Forever HD foundation you will notice it has amazing staying power. Shine will be kept at bay and in hot weather your make up will last much longer without slipping. If you are using a water based foundation try Laura Mercers Oil Free Primer it works wonders!

I use this all the time with brides when I'm not applying Airbrush Make Up and I would high recommend. Don’t be put off by the price tag of £24.50 a little does go a long way!

You can buy from http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/the-porefessional

No comments:

Post a Comment