Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Neils Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm

Soooo as a lady who previously (before I was introduced to beautymouth.com) thought I had very oily acne skin actually turns out I have sensitive dehydrated acne skin. The oiliness was just my skins way of saying "look lady you really need to drink more water so I don’t have to work so hard!" the first change I made to my skincare routine was to give up foamy cleansers. Foaming cleaners are seriously drying and after you cleanse/ wash your face your face shouldn’t feel light and dry. I took the recommendations from beautymouth and tried a balm cleanser instead. The cleanser I chose was Neil's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm.

Why you ask? Well I live in Hereford at the moment and there is a serious lack of good skincare stockists/ department stores/ actually good shopping shops in general! (Herefordians will agree with me on this) and with skincare I like to see the product before I buy to ensure its a good size and that I get all the useful information that the sellers (who usually know these products inside out) can provide. To my luck there is a Neil's Yard shop in Hereford and it has exceptionally lovely and very knowledgeable staff who are just bursting with organic information.

The beauty Balm is a bit of a cult product and I would say is possibly Neil's Yards best seller and now I know from personal experience that it definitely deserves it.

The list of ingredients is refreshingly natural and organic and it feels great knowing your aren’t filling your pores with chemicals:
 
Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.
*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed. Made with 99% organic ingredients.

The product comes with its own muslin cloth which is good and I use this along with good old flannel face clothes. I use one per day and then put them in the wash basket to ensure I'm only using clean clothes on my skin.

The balm itself smells amazing and feels slightly oily but creamy and due to the thicker texture than oil glides over your skin like silk. You apply this onto dry skin and massage and cover your entire face including eyes. It’s organically produced and doesn’t irritate eyes in the slightest (I usually have sensitive eyes).

Next with a running warm-slightly hot tap run the cloth under until wet and wipe the balm off. If you wear quite heavy make up, you may need to repeat with the balm or cleanse again with a different cleanser (Alpha H milk cleanser is my 2nd cleanse). Then finish with a toner and a moisturiser.

My skin is left feeling amazingly soft and not in the slightest dry or flaky. It feels clear and looks brighter. As this is a balm it’s also super versatile. You can actually use this as an overnight treatment as well or a moisturiser if you’re especially dry. I just cannot sing its praises enough!

My skin is super perky and my make up goes on so much more smoothly and stays fresher for longer as my skin isn’t so irritated and dehydrated any more. I would highly recommend investing in this balm and it’s worth every penny!!!

Neil's Yard Beauty Balm costs £37 for 50g and you can buy from  http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/Wild-Rose-Beauty-Balm

No comments:

Post a Comment