Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Beware of Mineral Oil

Hey ladies just another quick post to make up for the massive delay in new posts recently!!

Just thought I would make you aware of an ingredient called Mineral Oil. It’s used widely in cosmetics and heaven forbid some skincare products as well. It’s a very cheap and nasty base ingredients used as a binder or bulking agent. It’s very well know to block pores, cause spots and irritate skins. Alot of cheaper cosmetics use this due to its cheap costs and actually even some top end brands use it too.

As an acne sufferer, since sorting out my skincare and removing cosmetic products containing mineral oil from my personal make up routine I have noticed a massive difference in my skin. It’s no longer as red and sore and my scarring has dramatically reduced. yyyyeeeaaaahhh!!!

Have a look at the ingredients list on the back of your products and any future purchases before you buy. There are much better ingredients these companies should be putting into products, one is Almond Oil which acts exactly the same as Mineral Oil as a base ingredient but is naturally found and much better for your skin!
If you are using a product that contains Mineral Oil (Bio Oil is a good example) and you love it then please carry on. Mineral Oil wont harm your skin (like melt it off) I’m just saying in my opinion if you want the best possible conditioned skin then Mineral Oil shouldn’t appear anywhere near it!

No comments:

Post a Comment