Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Mac Honeylove Lipstick

Want to know what lipstick you should be wearing for your Big Day?

Well the lipstick that I use on 90% of my clients is Mac Honeylove Lipstick!




Why? Well it’s a nude shade that works with all types of skin tone from the really fair English roses to the Amazonian bronzed beauties! It gives enough colour to stand out on the lips, but it compliments any make up look and in my experience has never classed with any eyeshadow colours I apply. It’s the perfect colour.

It’s also pretty long lasting for a lipstick. It has a velvety matte formula and I think that may be the reason for its longevity. As with all Mac lipsticks it has a beautiful vanilla like fragrance, which I love and the tube it comes in is pretty sturdy! No cap breaking or breaking swivel mechanism here!


If I am going to use it on my clients I tend to apply a lip balm first on their lips and then carry on with the rest of the face, allowing the balm to sink in and give the lips some moisture, as Honeylove is matte and can be drying. Lastly I come back to the lips once the whole face is done and line with Mac Subculture lip liner and blend in with a brush to give a soft line. I then apply the Honeylove lipstick. Some customers hate a matte looking lipstick, so to solve this I apply a small blob of clear lip-gloss in the centre of the bottom lip.

Mac Honeylove lipstick has a massive fan base and has been worn by numerous celebrities from Kim Kardashian, Reese Witherspoon and Taylor Swift!

It retails at £14 for a 3g tube.

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Products/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick/index.tmpl




No comments:

Post a Comment